October 28, 1923 Austin to Northampton, Massachusetts

P.S. Mother unsealed a letter to me so she could put this clipping in – she thought I would be interested, and I sure was.

Ha! Ha!

[The newspaper clipping reads, “A letter from Mrs. Eems, dean of Smith college, was received by Mrs. Warren. In her letter she praised Helen Robinson, a former student highly.]


My Dear Little Girl,


Its cloudy here today, and looks like rain. I'm sorry you don't like my weather reports, but I can't think of anything but the weather to write about. Would you like a little more mush or have I been giving you too much already? I can't think of any thing to say now, so I think I'll step out and get a bite of breakfast and see if that'll help me think of something.

But before I go, I want to know whom you had that date with, that you told me about in your first letter. Is he good-looking? Oh, yes, I was over-joyed at getting two letters last week, I almost forgot to tell you that. Well, I'll see what a full stomach will do to help me.

I'm back from breakfast, and my brain is just as empty as ever – not like my stomach.

I saw Southwestern U. get cleaned 44 – 0 yesterday. I go to the games whenever they are here, and that's about all I do besides study and loaf, so I don't know anything to tell you about. I've seen Eva Belle a couple of times since I've been here, and Ralph Johnson and Sam Miller and I board at the same place; I see some of the other boys every once in a while too.

The girls down here sure do paint up and the a lot of the boys don't wear garters – do fashion notes interest you?

Do you still remember what I told you? Watch your step with those boys up there. I don't think they are as scarce as you pretend they are. That'll be all for this time, so,

Heaps of love,

Henry,

Isn't this a long enough letter?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 15, 1928, Baltimore to El Paso

March 27, 1924, Austin to Brookline, Massachusetts

September 29, 1927, Amherst, Massachusetts, to El Paso