March 21, 1924, Austin to Norwich, Connecticut

 (fill in with whatever sweet

words please your sweet self!)


Dearest _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


I just reread your last letter a minute ago and I see you go to Boston about day after tomorrow. I hope you have the bestest time in the world, dear, but you'll think of me (grinding away for all I'm worth) once in a while; and I hope you don't meet any charming young man down there who'll cut me out.

I've been reading a book (Far from the Madding Crowd) all day yesterday and today, except when I was in class. You see, you'd better take me up on that bet or I'll go to the dogs sure.

Mrs. Brownlee's daughter's husband went out of town, & Mrs. Brownlee went to stay with her, and now Sam Miller & May Belle are living down stairs. I've been down playing cards with them (you'd better accept the bet, if you want to save me), and being as I was dummy, as usual I snook off upstairs to finish my letter to my sweet woman.

As I said before, dear, whenever my letters bore you why just quit reading. (Been playing cards some more, and it is 5 min. after 9 + I haven't done a lick of studying yet – you'd better take my bet.) Well, beautiful, sweet thing, etc., I'll write you again tomorrow, and then I'll let you rest a while.

Good night sweet woman,

Henry,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 28, 1923, El Paso to Courtland, New York

March 27, 1924, Austin to Brookline, Massachusetts

November 14, 1927, Baltimore to El Paso