Dearest Helen (alias Texas) When you've been in class all morning long, listening to boresome lectures, and you come home all tired out, and then – you get a longer letter from your girl than you've had for a long time, a letter full of darlings, and honeys and with an “I love you” at the end, “Ain't it a grand and glorious feeling? I says it is. I've just finished tinkering with my pipe. The bowl was so big that it took me an hour to smoke a pipeful, so I put a kind of a plug in it like this: tobacco bowl plug [drawing of pipe with actual tobacco in its the bowl] how do you like that. You never have told me about the bet. You say that you love me, darling; but how am I to believe you, when you accept such a wonderful bet. If you really do love me, you can't lose. Now, Can you? Well, in just about 2 ½ more months I'll be seeing my old sweetheart again, and then I'll know whether she loves me or not. You sure are lucky sleeping till 10:30, 11:30, 12:30.etc, ...
Comments
Post a Comment