December 28, 1923, El Paso to Courtland, New York

Dearest Helen,

Christmas has come and gone, and my report from the University came today. I passed 'em all by some kind of trick of Fate, and so I guess Ill have to head back in time to register on the third.

I went out to see your mother today, but she wasn't there. I guess it must get pretty lonesome without you.

Your letter was a very pleasant surprise today; I wasn't expecting one for a week.

I'm glad you're having such a good time – are you still playing square?

The mistletoe is thick around here – wish I could trade some of it for you. Mary Laws received the usual beneficences at a little party of her's on Christmas Eve. (on account of the mistletoe) I wasn't one of the benefactors.

I guess this'll be all,

Love,

Henry

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 27, 1924, Austin to Brookline, Massachusetts

March 15, 1928, Baltimore to El Paso

November 14, 1927, Baltimore to El Paso