December 9, 1923, Austin to Northampton, Massachusetts

Dearest Helen, [a line is drawn across "Dearest Helen"] this one goes, too.


Mi Dulce Corazon, [arrow drawn from this line to above line]


I'm an honorable man and always pay my debts, so I insist on paying you the yankee dime I owe you at the first opportunity.

Whoever got the idea that I was breaking all records in ZO didn't say what kind of records – maybe I am breaking some – here are the grades of the quizzes I've taken : 46, 49, 46 – I've sure got to do some cramming. Likewise I flunked another Physics quiz Tuesday, but I haven't heard what I got. Howsomever I made an E on a French quiz the other day and I think I made another one yesterday.

I got your Campus Cat. It's very humorous – I suppose – or punny to say the most. I'll send you a “Daily Texan " someday if I can ever hang on to one long enough to get it mailed.

Now here's a word of warning, dahgoneye. This Christmas vacation is the dangerous time. I don't know where you're going, but anyway there are almost certain to be some good looking college boys or men of some kind to be hanging around; and after you've been penned up at Smith, if it's like you seem to say, you're liable to take a fall for the first one that comes along. So please watch your step, for my sake.

I think we might write to each other a little more often than once a week during the holidays, don't you? I'll let you decide the frequency. Address my next letter to 1110 E. Rio, El Paso, Tex. [Zillow lists this address as a 3-bed/1-bath apartment home] please.

If I'm going to come back after Christmas, I've got to cram like the dickens, so I'll have to lay off now.

Please watch your step!

With a hundred burro-power of Love, (we're studying about horsepower in Physics Now.)

Henry .

P.S. We had to define peristalsis on a Zo quiz the other day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 27, 1924, Austin to Brookline, Massachusetts

March 15, 1928, Baltimore to El Paso

November 14, 1927, Baltimore to El Paso